Friday, May 22, 2020

2A- Bug List

1. At the doctor's office there is a long wait before being taken back to the room. This is most likely because doctors are unsure of what services they will perform every day so appointment times are estimates more than set times.
2. While playing video games on PS4, the internet cuts out and disconnects the game. This most likely happens because the connection can only serve a limited amount of devices.
3. During Zoom meetings, the connection is unstable leading to voices stuttering. This is because their has been an influx of users using Zoom due to the coronavirus. 
4. My iPhone 7 freezes then shuts off when exiting out of applications. This is most likely because Apple is trying to sabatoge old iPhones to make the users purchase the newer versions.
5. Chick-fil-A on Southside Blvd gives out the wrong order through the drive-through. This is becuase Chick-fil-a is extremely busy and the coronavirus increased traffic through the drive-through. 
6. When purchasing shirts at Kohl's the cashier does not remove the security tag off the shirts. This is because the cashiers made an honest mistake or they do not care enough about the job to pay attention to details.
7. When eating a Tropichop Bowl at Pollo Tropical in Bartram Park there is often hair in the food. This is because the cooks do not all wear hair nets when preparing the food.
8. While getting an oil change at Tuffy Tire & Auto Services, the auto mechanic constantly tries to sell more and more repairs that your car does not necessarily need right away. This is because the auto mechanics would like to make more money.
9. The door-to-door salesman that tries to sell kitchen appliances will not leave when I state my disinterest. This is because they do not get many sales and will try anything to make one. 
10. While picking up trash in my neighborhood, the garbageman does not pick up the pieces of trash he drops. This is because he is on a tight schedule and does not want to risk being late because of a few pieces of trash.
11. While assembling a new desk from Ikea, realizing that there is a screw missing from the set. This is because no one double checked the pieces while packaging it. 
12. The physical therapist I see during the 4 P.M. session often spends a lot of time on their phone while I am doing my exercises and fails to notice when I finish. This is because it is the end of the day and they are tired of working.
13. Not being able to watch a NBA game on NBA League Pass due to blackout restrictions. This is because the game was not sold out and local and national content providers have specific exclusive rights for streaming games. 
14. During Jaguars games, the beer vendors stand in the way of the view of the game while selling beer to customers. This is because the vendors have no interest in the game and are just focused on selling their product.
15. While purchasing food at McDonald's, the cashier asks if I would like to donate extra money to a children's hospital. This is because McDonald's wants to appear generous to its customers.
16. The dryer timer goes off signaling the clothes are dry, but the clothes are still damp. This is because my dryer is old and it is too expensive to replace.
17. When calling customer service numbers, it takes over five minutes to reach a real representative. This is because companies do not want to have to deal with simple or unnecessary complaints that they believe is a waste of time. 
18. When I buy a drink at McDonald's in Fruit Cove, the cup is sticky. This is because McDonald's focuses more on speed than quality so they do not correct their mistakes. 
19. When purchasing cat food at Walmart off of Archer Road, the cat food spills immediately when I pick it up from a hole in the bag. This is because Walmart does not care about the quality of their products, they are more focused on the quantity.
20. During the show Prison Break, Hulu starts a commercial at the most climatic part of the episode. This is so the consumers are forced to watch the commercial in order to watch the best part of the episode. 

I struggled mightily with this assignment because I am a very optimistic person and do not like focusing on the negatives in life. Often times I laugh off mistakes or bad situations because I believe there is nothing I can do to change them. Professor Pryor stated that the first five may be easier then the rest of the list, but I struggled from the very beginning. If I choose to be an entrepreneur, this is a skill I will need to practice developing. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jack!
    Many of your bugs are very relatable to the average individual. Some of the things you've listed are annoyances to me as well, but I did not realize until you stated them. I think it is relatively good that you struggled with this assignment because it shows that you are easy going or do not dwell on small inconveniences, which is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed the same issue with waiting a long time at the doctor’s office, and a lot of other things you mentioned can be annoying to any person. Even though it is a positive that you try to look on the bright side of things, it can be a skill worth developing since many people out there may get easily annoyed instead, by the things they might experience in their everyday lives.

    ReplyDelete