Thursday, June 18, 2020

14A- Halfway Reflection

This class surprisingly is one of the most time consuming classes I've taken at UF, but I think this adequately reflects the entrepreneurial lifestyle. To keep up with the requirements of this course I had to set a strict schedule for when I will watch the class videos, take notes, begin the assignments, and finish the assignments. Putting time away specifically for the class has helped me stay consistent throughout this semester.

I recently returned to work and have been working 30-40 hours a week. This along with the time demands of my classes has been exhausting. There have been times that I wanted to give up and skip my schoolwork all together. I never stopped though because I have high expectations for myself and have always worked hard in what I do. I can't control everything in life but I can always control my effort. This tenacity comes from playing sports growing up and always wanting to be the best at them. I wouldn't let anything stand in my way from being successful in my sports. 

One tip I would offer next semester's student is to create a schedule for your classwork. The more punctual you are the easier I believe it is to hold yourself accountable. Self accountability is very important skill in developing a tenacious mindset. 
Another tip I would offer is to get ahead. If you do more than you are expected to each week then the tenacious mindset almost becomes the new norm for yourself. If you begin used to putting in extra work it will provide huge benefits in this class and in the real world. 
My last tip would be to find their "why." I think it is extremely difficult to develop a tenacious mindset without knowing why you are doing it. If you can discover your "why" and constantly remind yourself of it, it becomes much easier to push through adversity and develop a tenacious mindset. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jack –
    I agree that this course is taking more time than I expected it would and that time management and self-accountability are critical. I like your reference to sports and that you wouldn’t let anyone stand in your way of being successful there – so why would you let anything stand in your way of success here. I love that mentality. Of the 3 tips you provided, I most appreciated the “discover your ‘why’” – this stood out to me because it has kept me going. I took a break from school for 15+ years and had a tough time coming back until I discovered that my kids are my why – I want to be a great example for them and show them that they can do hard things. My ‘why’ is what has kept me going and what motivates me. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack!
    I totally agree that creating a schedule is extremely important in succeeding in this class. I had to figure this out myself and wish
    I had realized it much sooner! I work as well, as it does become a challenge to balance school and work, but when I am able to complete both, it feels great! I think your type about finding your why is very helpful and true. Finding a reason to keep you motivated is necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Jack,
    I like the fact that you compared the time consumption this class takes with how it relates to an actual entrepreneurial lifestyle. I agree and almost like the fact that it gives an idea as to how this lifestyle can be if one were to pursue it. The tip on finding the “why” is extremely important, because I know that I have struggled with completing assignments since I could hardly understand my own “why”.

    ReplyDelete