Thursday, June 18, 2020

15A- Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2

1. For this assignment I interviewed three junior varsity basketball players at Bartram Trail High School.

3. In the previous assignment I determined that most of the potential customers use their coaches as their main source for information search. After interviewing these three players I can confirm that this is true. The two boys basketball players I interviewed said they have actually reached out to their coach looking for training and he recommended them to one individual. I asked them what they would search for in a trainer if their coach recommended multiple individuals. They both said they would choose the trainer with the best proven results of developing players. Price was not an important factor for them. The other player I interviewed said she would look for a trainer that mainly focuses on replicating game actions during training sessions. Price was not a factor for her either. 

4. For my younger potential customers, their parents are the ones making the final purchase decision. I think most parents would prefer to pay directly before or after the training session. All purchases would be completed online because my service is an online training program.

5. The customers reflection on their purchase will depend on the results they see as a player. It does not really matter how much they enjoy the training program or how difficult it is. It will only be considered a good purchase decision if they have a better season then they did before training or they make a team that they could not before. The purchase will be considered a bad idea if they do not see any significant improvements in their next season.

6. Two of the three players I interviewed had a trainer they were working with before the pandemic began. Since then, only of them has been able to continue working out with their trainer. Both players are satisfied with their purchase because they both got a lot of playing time this past season, which they attribute to the training. The third player had a "solid" first season playing junior varsity basketball and does not see a need for a trainer. When potentially deciding on a trainer, none of them believed price was important. I believe this is because they are not the ones paying for the service. 

7. My segment does not often have alternative options because most coaches have a preferred trainer they want their players to train with. Those that are faced with multiple options look for trainers that have high-level clients and have seen improvement in their game. This also simplifies the purchase decision because of the low supply of training. If the players want to improve their game, they almost feel like they have to try training with the trainer their coach recommended. The post-purchase evaluation is completely results-orientated related to their success on their teams. If the players get more playing time or play significantly better, they will usually consider the training a good purchase and will continue to use it. 

1 comment:

  1. HI Jack,
    What I have noticed about my own research on buyer’s behavior, and others’ information, is that the most important factor to consumers is not price. It is important, yes, but I have noticed that buyers are looking for the product to be satisfactory and not just at a great price. Something important to look into is the fact that consumers want quality more than something that is cheap and does not work.

    ReplyDelete