Thursday, July 23, 2020

25A- What's Next?

Existing Market

1. The next service in my venture is athleticism training for basketball players. In addition to helping players improve their skills as a player, improving their balance, speed, quickness, and explosiveness can also be worked on. 

2. I interviewed three varsity basketball players for Saint Francis Catholic Academy. These three players believe that in addition to live training sessions, film sessions can be another service provided. Players can send me their game film or videos of them doing drills, and I can speak and draw over the video providing my feedback of what they did correct and what they need to work on. This makes it easier for players who do not have time for consistent sessions. They also suggested I do social media giveaways for players who post their progress on specific games or drills and use my own personalized hashtag. 

3. In the beginning of my training program I am only going to offer personalized online training. This fill focus specifically on skills training and player development. I will do giveaways to grow my social media presence and to create more interaction with players from around the country. 
    As I continue to grow and more of my time slots fill up, I am going to film breakdowns as suggested by the Saint Francis players. This allows players to learn directly from their own experiences as I provide insight from an outsider's perspective. The price for this will vary based on the length of the videos being sent in. Each video will be broken down within 24 hours of submission. 
    Eventually, I plan to grow my business to the point where I have other trainers working for me. This will allow me to positively affect and reach out to more players around the country. One day I plan to connect with trainers from many different countries and hopefully recruit them to join my team to reach a global client base. European basketball is way ahead of American basketball so this will not only add more players to our clientele, but will also provide for value for the other trainers and their players. 

New Market

1. The new market I will be targeting is athletes of all sports. 

2. There are two ways I could potentially add value to this market. One option is to have skills trainers of other sports work for the business and allow them to offer personalized online training to players of their sport. The other option is I can offer personalized athleticism training that will offer customized workout programs to any athletes based on their current weaknesses and strengths. This service will focus on teaching athletes the why behind each workout, so they will develop mentally as an athlete in addition to physical gains.

3. I interviewed two soccer players about this service. They both were much more interested in skills training for their sport rather than athleticism training. They explained that there is a lack of supply of soccer skills training which is what makes this online program so intriguing. They do not believe single-person training would be valuable enough for the usual price of individual training, so they suggested we do small group sessions instead.

4. I was very surprised about the lack of interest in athleticism training. Although I only interviewed two athletes, I assumed improving their athleticism would be much more important to them. After this interview I realized that many players enjoy getting better at their specific sport instead of their athleticism because the sport is more fun by itself. I do not think this will be the case for all athletes. 
    This market is just as intriguing as my current market. However, I do not have any knowledge on skill development in any sport other than basketball, so it may be a challenge trying to find trainers who are qualified enough while also seeking online coaching rather than in-person. 
    Eventually I can see my online personalized training programs to be available for any sport. Introducing this new market will allow me to positively affect more athletes than I previously intended. This assignment made me realize how important networking with coaches and trainers of other sports can be.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jack,
    I've really liked this idea of yours the whole time and It's incredibly obvious that you're super passionate about it and equipped to jump into this field. It's really interesting to consider that athletes of different sports want sport specific training rather than general athleticism training. I think you could find a market for athleticism training, but I think it would also be very important to hire trainers with different sport specialties to cater to different athletes looking for sport-specific training.

    ReplyDelete