I learned from this failure that I needed practice. At the beginning, I became frustrated having to start over again each time. Eventually instead of looking at each attempt as a failure, I began looking at it as practice. As a coach I understand performing rep after rep is the only way to improve.
I used to really struggle failing at things. I always wanted to be perfect at everything and hated failing. This caused me to stay in my comfort zone too long which hurt my growth as a person and as a basketball player. I have a new perspective as a coach and understand that failing is a part of growth. I would rather have a player fail at doing something the right way then succeeding at something they are already comfortable doing. I've used this perspective and applied it to my own life. I now accept failure and use it as a tool to improve. This class has not changed my perspective on failure, but instead has strengthened my recently changed perspective. I fail at something everyday now which is better for me than when I used to stay in comfort zone.
Hi Jack,
ReplyDeleteI also mentioned how our elevator pitches are something that we have seen improvement since the very first one. Even though it is not something most people like, failure is inevitable. When you mentioned how this class has changed your perspective, that is what failure does for us. It is something to learn from and change whatever needs to be changed in order to succeed.