Thursday, July 9, 2020

18A- Creating a Customer Avatar

The pictures above show two middle school basketball players.

The prototypical customer for my service are basketball players who realize that they have weaknesses in their game. For this assignment, I'm specifically focusing on younger players because they typically have more weaknesses and usually can identify when they have work to be done.

My prototypical customer is in middle school or is a freshman in high school and has either not made their school team or they did not receive playing time on it. They love to play basketball and play in many recreational leagues throughout the year. They live in a rural area or an area that has a lack of affordable basketball training nearby. 

My prototypical customer tends to do fairly well in school. This is due to their desire to be successful in whatever they are partaking in. Additionally, they have parents, or a parent, that truly wants their child to be successful and will do anything in their power to assist in that. 

What do I have in common with the customer avatar? I was this exact customer back in sixth and seventh grade. In sixth grade, I made the practice team at my school but I did not make the varsity team. In seventh grade, after being rezoned to a different school, I only got to play in about half of the games after making the team. I was a very good student but I was unsatisfied with my ability in basketball. 

I find these similarities to be very interesting. I believe the reason I became a basketball trainer is because I wish I had someone care about my improvement and development the way I care about my players. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jack,
    I think you did a great job on this assinngment and I specifically liked how you included great graphics for a visual representation of your customers. I also enjoyed how you created a very in depth profile of your customer like how they do in school and how they did not recieve time playing on their school team and want to use your service to improve , overall keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack –
    When I first saw your avatars, I was taken back by their age. Perhaps in reading your previous posts I created my own image of your prototypical customer. As I read this post, I was reminded of the age group and your target market – and I think you did a GREAT job with the avatars! You did a great job talking about their school and sports activities. I also liked that you pointed out that you were the prototypical customer that you are targeting. I think that this connection makes it very personal and real which will continue to fuel your passion for the venture.

    ReplyDelete