Thursday, July 9, 2020

19A- Idea Napkin No. 2

Me: I grew up playing basketball all the time since I was five years old. Every level I played at I had a decent amount of success until middle school. In sixth and seventh grade I did not get the playing time I desired so I began training myself every morning before school then practiced with my friends after school. Over the last few years I have began training basketball players and coaching at the high school level. I was hired by a basketball training company and I have developed my skills as a teacher in training through training players of all levels. I have trained players from the youth level to the professional level. My main focus on teaching my players is player development rather than putting them through randomized drills. My business concept would occupy my entire life which is very exciting for me because I love developing my skills and my players' skills.

What am I offering to customers?: I am offering personalized online basketball training through Zoom and FaceTime to dedicated basketball players. This service is much cheaper and more accessible than traditional basketball training. Training can be offered in individual or group settings. Additionally, player development programs can be purchased according to the player's play style. These will be prerecorded programs that do not require live interaction. Examples of the programs include "Small Guard Program", "All-Around Player Program", and "Shooting Program."

Who am I offering it to?: I am offering my service to basketball players of any level that are dedicated to improving their game. Specifically, my target market will be athletes who have the desire to improve their craft without constantly needing outside motivation. Many of the players will be located in rural areas where there is a lack of affordable basketball trainers. 

Why do they care?: The customers will care because I have proven results of developing basketball players and they will want the same for themselves. After training with me for an extended period of time, many of my players have experienced their best season. Many basketball players are seeking their best season so my service will help them reach their goals. Additionally, I am in the process of training myself to become a college basketball player which will also attract customers seeing my training has worked on myself. 

What are my core competencies?: What sets me apart from everyone else is the personalized aspect of online training. This requires no traveling for the athletes either. There are many online training programs but they are all very generalized and do not take into account each player and their specific needs. Also, the personalized aspect of the online training allows me to make sure every player is challenged to enhance their development. 

I believe the format of my services work very well and is a complete program. The cost for these services will be very cheap because I will not have to pay for gym time, gym insurance, or travel expenses. My intellectual capital regarding basketball and the microskills of basketball are my strongest asset and I believe this provides me the best opportunity to use it. Overall, the feedback for this service has been very positive throughout this course. In my first idea napkin I did not consider the prerecorded programs, but I received lots of positive feedback on it when I mentioned it in later assignments so I added it this time. Marketing this service was the sole concern I received in the feedback, but I believe this will be rather simple by growing my social media presence. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jack,
    I think you also did a great job in this post and I like how you included how basketball personally impacted your life. Additionally, I think your knowledge and human capital relating to your experience playing and coaching yourself would be a great benefit when it comes to your service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack –
    Great job on your post. I think you did a great job in answering the required questions and I particularly liked reading of your experiences with basketball. I also think that you did a good job calling out your “intellectual capital” – that you have knowledge and understanding of basketball and the micro skills to be successful. I think you also did a good job incorporating the feedback of prerecorded sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jack!
    I think you did a great job and provided many details in your responses to the question. I believe you added the necessary changes and created a very well thought out post. I think because this topic is personal to you and you have a connection to it, makes it it even stronger! The knowledge you have on this subject will prove to be very beneficial.

    ReplyDelete